Thursday, October 15, 2009

Teenage Pregnancy

Long ago it was normal for a girl to be married and have children by the age of 15. In our world today, the whole teenage pregnancy scene is coming back full force. There are easily at least 6 teenage pregnancies in high schools now days. It is becoming more and more common, which is sad. Teenagers are merely kids themselves, how are they supposed to raise their own children.
Ok yes, I am aware that there are many teenage parents who are fully capable to take care of their children, but in many cases (that I have witnessed) the child may grow up in an unstable situation. Not to mention all the struggles, and how much harder the teenagers life becomes. They become sleep deprived, they are forced to grow up before they should, and they may fall behind in school or even drop out. If they drop out of school it will be hard to find a good job. Without a good job it will be harder to support their family.
I am sure everyone can agree having a baby as a teenager must be really hard and stressful. No kid should have to go through this, being a kid themselves.

2 comments:

  1. The thing with so many teens having children these days is a choice they guys and girls had intercourse knowing what could happen if they were not safe about it. Also so teens decide that they want a baby and feel they can handle it. Now most can’t but there are some that can. To say that teen mother and fathers raise their children in an unstable home and are sleep deprived and drop out is out ragous. I become a mother when I was 16 and then again when I was 18. And my children have a very stable home with a loving mother and father and a nice house. I never dropped out of high school nor did my children’s father we are both in collage and never became sleep deprive. These are all stereo types that are true for some teens not all. Becoming pregnant at a young age or being a father at a young age is hard for some but it’s all what you make of it. I do not in courage teen pregnancy but it is reality and when it does happen you have to make the best of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I agree with you that having kids when your 16 or 17 is a little bit too young. I remember when i was 16 and looking back, I was very immature. I understnd that there are some girls who have had babies when they were in their teens, and turned out to be great mothers. Let me say, that is very rare! One in a hundred. I know many girls who have kids that are my age, and they are always stressed out, crying, and always pawn the kid off to their parents. They are just not ready for the responsability of a baby. All teens should be responsible, and obviously they were not when they decided to have unsafe sex, which brought them to having a baby at the age of 16 or 17. They need to grow up before deciding about having children! Not to mention that guys at the age of 17 will probably never stay around. They definitely don't want a baby at their age. Sorry, but i still am changing and I am only 19 years old.

    ReplyDelete