Thursday, October 22, 2009

Are teenagers wasting their money?

As a teenager, I get many lectures about how I waste my money and spend it on dumb things rather than saving it for something more important. I’m sure that I am not the only one that hears this from the adults in their lives. I think you should enjoy your childhood/young adulthood while you still can.
I know, I know, yes it is very important to save your money, especially not with the recession and everything. But you only live life once; you should be able to live it however you please. This year I have spent more money than I ever have in a year on concerts. (I think I am addicted, but that’s beside the point) although I have spent so much money on concerts, I HAVENT spent so much that I’m in debt in any way. I make sure I am able to pay for the things I do. Not to mention how fun it is.
Parents may think that kids are “wasting” their money, but to kids, the things we spend our money on are totally worth it! And if in the end we figure out that we wasted out money, then we learn from that and decide if we will let it happen again.

1 comment:

  1. I think that money should be used for the things that you value. If you are able to use it for concerts..and if enjoying music and hanging out with friends are things that are valuable in your life, then I say go for it. Some adults need to understand that the best things in life can't be bought with money. No none is made happy by what they have, but by who they are able to share their lives with.

    ReplyDelete