Thursday, November 5, 2009

Michael Jackson's This Is It

For this week’s blog I have decided not to talk about a controversial topic, but to comment on Michael Jackson’s This Is It. I love this movie and have seen it twice. I’m not a hardcore Michael Jackson fan, but I do enjoy his music and have so much respect for him. Initially, I want to see the movie with my aunt because no one else would go with her, and I am so glad I did.

This film documents Jacksons last few rehersals for his This Is It tour before his death. Michael’s personality really showed in the movie. I’ve heard how nice and professional he was from other celebrity interviews, but when you watch this movie you see this first hand. Not only is he nice and professional but he is also funny. It amazes me that someone that has been ridiculed in the public eye for so long can still have a wonderful personality.

The performances he had planned for this tour, as displayed in the movie, were epic! He’s still got the moves that everyone wishes they had, and make you want to get out of your seat and dance and sing along (which I almost did in the theater).

Latoya Jackson was asked if her brother would want this movie to come out, she answered “No.” Her reason was because Michael was a perfectionist and always wanted his fans to see him at his best, and he was not at his best during rehersals. Although Michael may not have wanted to have this movie come out I am glad it was made. It shows his amazing musical abilities, personality, and all the work everyone put into this tour (which would have been possibly the most incredible tour ever!)

From This Is It you remember why Michael Jackson has been loved so much over the years. He truly is the King of Pop.

This Is It Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

  1. I bet it was great movie,I wanted to see it as well. I will out to get the dvd as soon as it hit stores!! I grew up on michaels music, cartoons, dances, videos and style..I loved him as a friend. It felt like I knew him for years. Its sad how the media never apologized for running his name in the ground. He never touched those children and after all those years one of the boys all grown up comes fourth,after his father dies. Yes, over the years michael altered his appreance and his life but how many child stars can we name that went through the trenches as well.

    ReplyDelete